Saturday, November 1, 2008

=)

I opened the mail yesterday to find a non rejection letter!  

Lisa Graff at Farrar, Straus and Giroux has read the first three chapters of Jacob's Peak and would like to read it all!!  Woo Hoo!!

I spent a couple of hours today sweeping out the corners of the manuscript, making sure it doesn't have any red notes to myself in the "for publishers" copy, and tweaking the ending slightly.  I also ran to Office Depot to get more manuscript quality paper, since it is about 300 pages, and I don't have that much good paper around the house.  I've made enough changes since the last time I mailed it that I figured I'd better print it again.

Wish me luck!

Rebecca  =)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah Mom!!! I'm so proud of you!! :D

Gracewanderer said...

Good luck! Maybe this will be your lucky (or not so much lucky as much as "bound to happen if you can leverage the law of large numbers by mailing out enough copies") break!

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Happiness is this right here! Yeah!