Saturday, June 6, 2009

Getting Stuff Done

I have wonderful news!  It has Finally Stopped Raining!  After weeks and weeks without two consecutive rain-free days, we finally have a forecast for sunny skies!  Hurray!  

Which means it's time to start getting stuff done.  The backyard patio that the kids and I laid a few weeks ago still needs a cement border.  (Not good to pour cement in the rain)  The paving stones for the paths can now be laid without our being covered in huge mud splatters.  And the grass can finally be mowed again!
  
Yesterday I figured out a way to walk on my left foot without being in too much pain, and now feel "stable" enough (foot-wise, that is) to finish painting The Wall in the front room.  I didn't think standing on a stool with only one foot would have been the brightest thing I'd ever done.  One broken bone is enough.  So now the wall can get painted, too!  

And... our hollyhocks that we started indoors are finally large enough to be transplanted out next to the fence!  I love hollyhocks, and I really hope these will live, and grow, and be covered in flowers.  They just seem like what every house should have.  Along with peonies and white picket fences.  And kittens.  And a swing.  

So, enough typing!  Come by for a visit some time and see how our hollyhocks are doing.  Check out The Wall.  And maybe we'll bake cookies.  =) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, I'll take you up on the cookies offer! Hooray for getting stuff done! My kids have been sick for pretty much two weeks straight and Jaren has been at trial in Austin so my house looked like it got his by a tonado. Jaren took Friday off of work and asked if there was anything specific I wanted done. I told him I wanted him to take Austin so I could let Caleb sleep and get better while I CLEANED THE HOUSE! They went to the cabin for yesturday and today and I got everything done that I watned to get done. Except painting my toenails. But I am about to go and do that. Anyways, I'm glad you get to get stuff done too, it feels nice.

Rebecca =) said...

Everything is looking so Good Mom!!! I'm glad you're able to walk some and get stuff done! I love you!!! =)

Rebecca =) said...

(Rachel, using your account...)