Monday, March 30, 2009

Cool! Fun! and Free!


I was looking on the Hoagies web site today and found an online site I really like.  They have online lessons on a variety of subjects-- from the Periodic Table and Amusement Park Physics to the Renaissance and Cinema, all online, all interactive, and all free!  Each "class" has a few different lessons, with decent animations, and is followed by an online quiz.  Most of them are on a high school level, but there are a couple for younger grades.  

This reminds me of when I found EdVentures online several years ago.  At the time they were just getting their site together, adding more things, and I was amazed at all the classes online, for up to 10 kids in one family, for $60/year.  Now, I have to say, they have gone more toward the public school venue, and are not nearly as homeschool friendly.  Which is too bad.  They had some fun stuff.

Anyway, enjoy! 


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooooo! I love the cloud picture!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!