Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Time! The Time! Who's Got the TIme?

I'm getting so bad about writing on here regularly.  Sorry.  I run from one thing to the next, and fall into bed at night wondering why I did not get more done.  I keep thinking any day now things will slow down.  

After Utah I'll have time... After we get our passports submitted I'll have time... After I finish the backyard I'll have time... When the play starts I'll have time (yes, I should know better, but I do think this sometimes!).... When the kids get older I'll have time...

Anyway, you get the idea.  In reality, I probably won't have more time 'till I'm in my grave.  Nothing to do but lie about all day...  And night...  Forever... With the worms... Ugh.  Sorry. 

My friends Emma and Karen have invited me to go to Nepal with them next month to visit our friend Michelle.  But... you guessed it!  I don't have time!  In this case, however, it's ok.  They will be getting back two days before my family leaves for Panama.  If I went, I'd miss being here when my girls get back from school, celebrating Elizabeth's birthday, being here when my mom and sister arrive, and would just be back in time for our Easter celebration.  (Which is not going to be on Easter this year.)  I'd also miss auditions for the Odyssey with my kids.  And who would pack for Panama and prepare for Easter?  Umm... probably nobody.  Or I'd get to Panama and discover my kids had packed swimsuits, a Gameboy and Mad Libs, but nothing else.  That would be a real adventure!  I can just imagine.  

So, I am passing on Nepal.  And while part of me can't believe I'm saying that, it is true.  

And, just in case you wonder, Rachel seems to be recovering well from her surgery.  Our friends Dan and Kim have a new little boy!  (Congratulations!)  =)  Elizabeth is learning to SCUBA dive.  (See her blog for more info)  And while I was in Utah, Spring came to Virginia.    Life is good.  =)   

No comments: