Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bookmarks

Just a short brag.  A while ago our county library system had an art contest for adults to design bookmarks.  On the day the contest closed (procrastination is one of my strong suits) I decided that if I wanted to enter, I'd better draw something.  So I drew two designs (well... three actually, but one went in the trash) and ran them over to the local library.  

A few weeks later I got a phone call saying my bookmarks-- both of them!-- were chosen as runners up, and that 1,500 copies of each would be printed for people to take home from the libraries.  My prize was a library book bag.  Green and black and wonderfully sturdy.  =)

Today we ran into the library-- literally, because we were in a huge hurry-- and Surprise!  There were my bookmarks!  One has a dragon reading a book, and one has a girl in front of a library holding some books in her arms.  Should you happen to wander into one of our local libraries, pick one up!  Hold your place, and enjoy some of my sketches.  =)

6 comments:

Gracewanderer said...

Can you grab a dragon one for me?

(Dan)

Anonymous said...

I wish you would post a picture. I want to see them. They sound really cool. I wish I could just whip up a cool drawing like that.

Juliet said...

Congartulations, mom! :D i love you!

~Bethany

Rebecca =) said...

Woo hoo!! Go Mom!!! :)

~Rachel... I couldn't get it to sign out of your account.

Anonymous said...

I really like the drawings!! :)

Gayle Crookston said...

Can we get one of each when we show up this summer?