Friday, May 29, 2009

It's getting black outside, about to pour.  A moment ago, an enormous crash of thunder shook the house and rattled the windows.  The kids just got in from HTT- even Naomi- and I have been here at home painting the front room wall, since I don't have a car today and can't go anywhere at all.  When I get more batteries in my camera, and when the wall is finished, I'll post a photo of it.  I think it's looking good.  =)

Besides painting the wall, I've been working in the yard.  I put in a stone patio, planted gardenia bushes, planted the dahlias I got for Mother's Day,  put flowers in the front terrace, and planted a small yellow rose bush in the back yard.  The rose bush called to me at the garden center.  I swear, as I passed, it said, "hello!"  I did a double take and thought, huh.  cute little bush.  But as I walked off to the stone section I just kept thinking, "that was a really cute little bush.  When I passed it again it almost leaped into my cart.  So I brought it home and planted it.  It really is very cute.

Gotta go.  This storm is getting bad.  Power surge possible,

4 comments:

Gracewanderer said...

You... might want to be careful about that rose bush. I'm just guessing, but a plant that talks and is ambulatory could pose potential problems. You may want to keep it under observation for a while before you leave it home alone, or with the kids.

Duncan watson said...

Rebecca, Have you ever read Jean Karl's book The Turning Place? The last short story in it is "All Quiet and a White Bush" . Your rose book story made me think of it.

Cindy( using Duncan's account because my husband gave me an obscure password I can't figure out.)

Rebecca =) said...

LOL!!! I'll keep an eye on the bush. It appears harmless... but I can see your point.
=)

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice little rose bush, isn't it? :)