Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Working

I've about decided Candlewick is never going to respond.  I know, I know, patience is a virtue and all that, but it feels like they've had this manuscript (ms) forever.  Actually it's only been about a month. And a watched mailbox never... um... delivers?

And besides, who has ever sold a novel to the first publisher they send it to?  (Answer: almost no one)  50 rejection letters from now I'll look through my blog archives (something I almost never do), read this post, and think, "What was my problem?  Did I really think it would be that easy?"  Hope spring eternal.

The picture above is a poor photo, taken with my webcam (the only digital camera I have that works with my laptop right now) of a painting I did of the Washington DC temple.  It was really hard to get the camera (above the screen on my laptop) to hold still, to get the picture framed right, etc.  I am tired of the boring, almost colorless temple pictures. So I did one of my own.  My favorite part of the painting didn't get into the photo.  It would be to your left, in the blue part of the sky, but it got cut out.  Nevertheless, you get the idea.

Book recommendation of the day: Three Cups of Tea.  It's an inspiring true story about a guy who builds schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.  It was a good, fun, read that made me want to do more, be better, and change the world. 

Rebecca Pi  =)

No comments: